Chronic Kidney Diseases Treatment in Ayurveda
Chronic kidney disease is gradual loss in kidney function over a period of months or years. It is also called Chronic Kidney Failure. In the early stages of chronic kidney disease, you may have symptoms like nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, weakness, disturbed sleep, swollen feet and ankles, hypertension etc. According to Ayurveda, all kidney diseases comes under mutravahasrotas vikar. Whenever we eat food it is digested and is divided into two parts. They are Sara Bhag (essential/nutritive component of food) and Kitta Bhag (Waste part which forms stool, urine and sweat). Sara bhaga forms the rasa, which meets up the body’s nutritive requirements by converting into other dhatus. Vyana Vata helps in formation of urine and Apana vata is responsible for elimination of urine. So whenever we plan treatment of Chronic failure we have to take care of both these Vayu. The Ama (toxins) which is formed because of weak digestive fire accumulated in the srotas leads to obstruction and is sometimes also responsible for one of the causes of Chronic Kidney Disease.
Causes of Chronic Kidney disease
3. Glomerulonephriitis (inflammation of Kidney filtering units)
4. Poly-cystic Kidney disease (multiple cysts in the kidney)
5. Obstructions in the urine flow caused by problems like kidney stones, tumors or an enlarged prostate gland in men.
6. Repeated urinary infections or polynephritis.
7. Overuse of some medicines like NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as aspirin or ibuprofen and steroids.