Fungal Disease Treatment in Ayurveda
Fungal disease is chronic Skin disease caused by fungus with itching as the main symptom. A fungus that invades the tissue can cause a disease that's confined to the skin, spreads into tissue, bones and organs or affects the whole body.
Symptoms of Fungal Infections
Lesion with well defined margins
Itching and scaling.
Redness with burning sensation
Schedule online. It's
easy, fast & convenient.
Types of Fungal Infections depending upon the site:
1. Tinea Cruris or Jock Itch – Seen in upper thigh and groin area.
2. Tinea corporis or Ring worm – Usually seen in Axilla, waist line, buttocks, other parts of trunk and extremities.
3. Tinea barbae - Seen in beard region of males
4. Tinea Pedis or Athlete’s foot - Seen in soles of the feet and the inter-digital spaces.
5. Tinea Manuum – Seen on hands
6. Tinea Ungium or Onychomycosis – It’s the fungal infection of the nail.
7. Tinea Capitis – Seen in the scalp, eyebrows, & eyelashes, with a propensity for attacking hair shafts & follicles.
8. Tinea Faciei – Seen on the face.
Ayurvedic View Of Fungal Disease
In ayurvedic classics, Fungal disease are explained as Dadru And Sidhma in the category of Kustha. Sidhma is compared with Tinea versicolor and Dadru is compared with rest types of Fungal diseases. As per Ayurveda Kandu(itching is the main complaint), Raga(redness), Pidika(papule/pustule) Mandal(lesions are elevated) are the sign and symptoms of Fungal disease.
Best Ayurvedic Treatment for Fungal Diseases
Depending upon the Symptoms, Doshas involved, Prakriti of patient and seasons, different Panchkarma therapies and Ayurvedic medicines may be prescribed to the patient. Krimihar chikitsa is a must in Fungal diseases. Different panchakarma therapies may be Vaman, Virechan, Rakta Mokshan may be required to completely cure the disease,
Tips To Avoid Fungal Infection
take extra care during hot and humid weather.
Personal hygiene is very important.
Don’t share items like clothes, shoes, towels, or bedding.
Avoid wearing tight clothing or footwear that doesn’t breathe well.
Wear cotton clothes especially undergarments.
Avoid perfumed deodorant sprays
Enhance your Immunity.